As 2017 comes to a close, it’s a time to look forward to 2018 and look at what marketing trends are on the horizon. The following trends focus on the integration of concepts and experiences within your digital marketing strategy.
- Better mapping of your customer journey. Digital marketing, and marketing in general, has become more complex, which means there are many ways to connect with your customers. But not all customers are the same. So it’s important to use different customer personas to better map their individual journey through targeted and tailored communications.
- Personalize the customer journey. One way to make a customer’s journey more individualized is when he or she comes to your website. There are several solutions that can help you achieve this including SaaS options that can be woven into your analytics and CMS.
- Combine machine learning into marketing automation. You can tailor your email communications, targeting groups of customers (segmentation). Taking it a step further with AI helping with further targeting of prospects and customers, it could prove to be even more successful for higher conversion rates.
- Weaving in social media apps into communications. Using popular apps like Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp can boost your reach to a growing mobile audience.
- Using video in a customer’s journey. Higher video demand is connected to higher usage of social media. YouTube has been around for a while and it’s become even more popular than Google Search. The pre-roll ads in YouTube can be used as a part of your business’s customer journey.
- Creating a customer engagement strategy that involves content marketing. Even though video is hot right now, other kinds of content still matters and should be used within a customer lifecycle and should be used strategically in your marketing. This looks like personalizing content for the customer personas you have identified and developed.
- Mix in search marketing into content marketing. Search engine result pages (SERP) are starting to see some new innovations. Mozcast and Google (within AdWords) have some new features that can help you to see changes in SERP features and how to better make clicks into conversions.
- Bringing in more marketing technology into your marketing strategy. There are so many digital marketing tools out there—for analysis and automation, and machine learning an AI are a part of this trend.
- Merge different data sources. At times, it takes some tedious work to look at how your marketing is performing on different platforms, but there are some tools that you can use, like Rivery.io and Funnel.io, that can help you pull data from multiple sources.
- Blend in digital marketing insights sources. To keep your marketing edge, there are a plethora of both free and paid sources that you could be plugged into. Using services like Feedly and Zest can make that task a whole lot easier.
Looking for a San Diego marketing agency that can provide your digital marketing needs? Contact us today to start a conversation about how we can support and grow your brand’s awareness.